Sunday, February 10, 2008

A note on the Grammys

I caught some of the Grammys tonight and enjoyed some of the artist pairings and performances: Alicia Keys and John Mayer, Tina Turner and Beyonce, Herbie Hancock and Lang Lang, Josh Groban and Andrea Bocelli. Who was the mastermind that devised these pairings, I wonder? Some disappointments for me, though, occurred when Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova got shut out from the various movie-related categories for Once -- a terrific film if you've not seen it. I also would like to have seen Tom Higgenson win Song of the Year for "Hey There Delilah," although Amy Winehouse was certainly a deserving winner. As far as pleasant surprises -- I liked the performance of Leslie Feist, whom I'd never heard of before. Apparently, an iPod nano commercial tipped her song, 1234, which was distributed primarily through digital downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment